Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Creeping Fig - Ficus Repens



Nothing creepy about this fig, nor its not the type that you would look for it's friuts. I seriously thought this one was an ivy.

It suppose to be invasive where it creeps against the wall and seriously cause a nuisance. Somehow I was not sure about that and placed it against the wall but until now, none of the vines had attached itself against any wall. Probably I might use a sticker and force it to attach itself... see if I have the time to do it... (hehehehe)

I have not yet tried on propagating this plant, said that it is difficult. I noticed that there are roots coming out at the bottom of the vine but not seen any taking the soil or getting the roots in any form. Will follow-up on this matter.



5 comments:

mindspace said...

this one is very pretty.. i wish i could had such plants here in Dubai :(

James David said...

Not sure what grows well in Dubai, is it very hot there?

mindspace said...

yes it is. and i am not at all learnt about which plant needs how much water, how much sun etc.. though u love green patches. so I just buy. some of them do well and some, i see die in front of me.

having said that, how do i get to know when u hv replied to a comment (any way that i can get an email in my mailbox or something?) I keep commenting but dont remember going back to see if you replied however with other blogs, i do get an email when the author replies.. )

James David said...

My suggestion on buying plants: It is much better if you can get it from a friend or your neighbouring friends than buying from a nursery, chances are these plants comes from a different place where the weather is conditioned. And so, most cases, it will die in short period.

Probably I can suggest those which are easy to take care, like tradescantia or mother of thousand.. its impossible to fail on those.

Anonymous said...

You can purchase ficus repens 'pumila' at Lowe's or Home Depot. They carry both the standard variety as well as the variegated. Plants are sold in 1 gallon sized pot with tons of foliage & well established root system. The average price is $7.00.

-Mary, Central FL

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month