Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lantana



I guess many people I know do not like this flower, they find this one smelly. Others like me, find this one fragrant - well, it seems like different people smell things differently.

I love this colourful flowers, especially when the flower first start to bloom and continue to unfurl layers of each centre portions of blooms. I really wanted to collect all the varieties of different shades and colours. My only problem is this one only bloom in sunny areas.

I had passed these to my mother in law, but lately I found that lack of care and the yellow one died. The red one is quite leggy and badly needed pruning. It had become very bushy and look very invasive. Well, I guess those are the glory days when these flowers are on my care.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. What is the smell of the Lantana like?

Alfredo, Singapore

James David said...

Alfredo - Can't really tell. Smells a little like marigold + orangey and a (+/-) sandalwood smell.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month