Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Orange Jasmine - Murraya Paniculata (Part 1)




 

INTRODUCTION:

After much awaiting finally this Jasmine decided to bloom furiously. 
It started putting out the buds on Friday and it lasted for 3 days in a row. (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)

By Monday, most of the flower petals had dropped (due to strong rain) I noticed like most Jasmine, this one blooms at night and the fragrance is so captivating. Looks like other Jasmine (Grand Duke of Tuscany) and this Orange Jasmine is taking turns not to over-power each other. 

I wished all the fragrant flowers blooms & put out their powerful fragrance one night and it definitely creates an impact of natural fragrance. I realised that Orange Jasmine (Murraya Paniculata) is the same species with Curry Leaf Tree (Murraya Koeniggi) but apparently Orange Jasmine is poisonous unlike curry leaf. I'm not sure whether the curry leaf fruits are poisonous. 

My rescued Orange Jasmine root stalk didn't show any growth. I'm not sure whether it survived the initial shock, I will keep it for another few weeks and see if there is any development. Below is pictures taken within 3 days: (bud, semi-bloom, and full bloom)


 














I must apologize for the low quality pictures where these white pigmentation are not clearly visible taken from from this camera. However do check out my latest update on more detailed information on this Orange Jasmine plant where I had done more research on it.


Also do check out other detailed information concerning Fragrant Flowering Plants similar to these types of plants:

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nice plant! Smells like other jasmine?

James David said...

They don't smell alike, very different.

James David said...

I just took a sniff this morning and I guess that the orange jasmine smell similar to plumeria. (frangipani)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have a hedge of this one in fact 2 of it, but they grow so large trees. Beautiful to look at when flowering but pain when the flowers fall and cover the car and drive way. I think they smell like orange blossom.
Like your post.
Ta
Aruna

James David said...

Thanks Aruna

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month