Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, October 9, 2009

A Canna Story



I was going to a nearby nursery to buy 2 bags of sand (one red, and other bag)
Both are sold for RM2.70 which is quite reasonable compared to other place where it is sold for RM3 or even RM3.50.

Anyway, coming back to the story, I spotted this new set-up placed in this recreational area, I guess its a badminton court. Somehow, I got drawn with all these glorious red & orange blooms by the street side.

I took a quite check and found these plants. I guess these are few week old by looking at the way these plants are doing.









.
Let me take you step by step of this Canna lily growth progress.
.
First the plant, growing from rhizome.
.
.
The first bud
.
.
Then I noticed all the flowers have this strange factor, they flower bud curves.
.
.
And curves
.
.
In fact most of the flower inflorescence curves.
.
.
Put out the green fruits.
.



.
So called fruits turning into seedpods.
.
.
And finally a fully matured seedpod with black seed in it.
.
.
I noticed a section of this garden is heavily damaged with withered leaves, it looked like a insect infestation. With a close look I found these grasshoppers having a time of their lives. With no predators the are so oblivious of my presence.
.
Pity these lilies, Hope the care taker notice these and do something about it.
.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month