Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, January 21, 2011

Garden in my Office



I was taking a walk around my office area for my afternoon stroll (sort of making up for my exercise time and so I thought of using my one hour in brisk walking)
I had spotted several trees along the roadside and found this cluster of hanging fruits which really look very familiar.
I had once collected these seedpods and used it for my wedding decoration (found them fallen from a tree due to a strong thunderstorm) I had used it for a candle-light decoration where I placed tea-light candles inside the orange seed pods.

Known as the Peanut Tree fruit, (Sterculia quadrifida) said to be edible that the inner seeds taste like raw peanut. More information, click : Wikipedia.
There were much excitement concerning this Australian native plant in my office. I actually got it when it was a unopened olive coloured fruits, which eventually turned orange in a week's time.

Also another factor that took much of my time was giving away plants to my office mates, to date I manage to give away about 50 plants - in jars, pots and in decorative items. It had created a lot of plant frenzy in the office environment.

You can see it at the last two pictures below where I had sorted the plants in one of the office cubicles. These are indoors plants and they are doing great for some time now. I may have to give all of them away by this week before the long 1 week Chinese New Year Holidays.

I would like to wish a prosperous Chinese New Year to you.
In the matter of celebration - I'm pretty sure your garden will be auspiciously red and gold.











6 comments:

Malar said...

I never seen this tree nor the pod! You decorate for your wedding? Such a creative person!
You have beautiful garden on your office table!

James David said...

Thanks Malar,
yes - it was my crazy passion, preparing candle-light dinners, exclusive cloth & lighting works & floral arrangements.
Took a lot of my time & energy. Usually I only charge for cost and workmanship and often do it to help most of my friends & family.
But it had become too much of stress in keeping up to the timing and the work usually takes up 2-3 days in decorating.
Nice to do it for fun but stressful when do it for business as there are a lot of expectation to meet & keep.

p3chandan said...

Very unusual fruit James, never seen it before, such a bright orange colour. Do you know a local name for it? You have a nursery in the office? Hehe..I used to have money plants in all sorts of containers in my office when I worked, even in the toilets!

Stephanie said...

The colour of the shell, red/orange, is really pretty. Like you said, it really make a nice decor. Those fruits made that little garden corner of your office look nice. Good thought in bringing them into your office. Have a great week in the office and at home. Hope you are coping well with your busy schedule.

Autumn Belle said...

Aha, one fine day, I won't be surprise if you become a wedding or party planner. The orange colour fruit is very unique and great for decorations. You have luscious table-top garden in your office! I see Nuffnang and Google Ads properly set up here. Good luck with the incoming $$$

James David said...

P3Chandran - Im sure there must be a local name for it, just a matter of time and research to identify it. Guess most gardeners will find any ways to make any place greener - keeping indoor plants.

Stephanie - my busy schedule is slowly getting into a stable condition, the only thing now is that Im so tired and lost mood in doing anything.

Belle - I think being a wedding or a party planner is much more stressful although I usually do it for fun once in a while. Thanks to you and your support - I manage to put in the adds here and it took me ages - in just forcing myself to get it done.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month