Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, October 25, 2013

Cactus Garden - Part 1

















This is Mother of Thousands (Kalanchoe daigremonitana) 
Also known as Devil's spine & Mexican Hat. 
I guess this one is considered more of a "pest" than a plant. 
A lot of gardeners just hate it as they are so invasive just sprouting their plant-let everywhere. Many gardeners wage war with this one & I guess most of them are still fighting the battle.

I still like this one very much - more to do with the reason of lack of care & I mean literally. This one is going in a small sealed pot. I had placed these babies here and they have grown. I guess the heat had given them the stripes and spots - more like a leopard, don't you think?


























These are grown in a small milk can tins.
They had aged and rusted but the plant is just doing so fine.


























I often see broken pottery used as creative planting medium and I have decided to do so here. This is Mother of Thousand babies fastened in between the soil and clay pieces.

















These are in a wooden box.





3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Excellent idea on reusing those broken pottery James! This plant, Mother of Thousand is very invasive. But I see the plants are quite isolated for yours. So it is ok.

Happy gardening!

Cheers,Stephanie

James David said...

The Mother of Thousand cannot do so well in wet areas - daily watering can kill the plant.
I guess its not so invasive after all.

Anonymous said...

This was really helpful in dealing with my plant....I was over watering mine and now I know better...I thought because of the leaf being more flat than plump like most succulents that it had high water requirements. Thanks and keep up the good work!


Joel M.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month