Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Red Blooms in My Garden






































A lot can be said about this collection.
One thing for sure - they truly colour my garden with loud shouts of red, violently screaming for attention. Somehow they had become permanent residents where they bloom constantly without any extra care (except for daily watering)

I had few times failed to water them few days and still managed very well.
Here in this collection:

1) Indian Head Ginger (Costus woodsonii)
2) Firecracker plant  (Russelia equisetiformis)
3) Powderpuff plant (Calliandra species)
4) Thai Ruellia - (Ruellia elegans)
5) Bleeding Heart Vine  (Clerodendrum Thomsoniae)
6) Ground Orchid  (Spathoglottis plicata)
7) Cane Begonia
8) Ylang-ylang - drawf variety
9) Ice plant - Dorotheanthus sp.
10) Jewel of Opar - (Talinum paniculatum)

I would say that these are truly hardy plants and I would recommend them in your garden.
(cxcept for the Ground Orchid - they are a bit tricky but once you get them established - they bloom continuously)

































4 comments:

Roslyn said...

James, you have quite a range of red blooms (my favourite colour for flowers). You are lucky to be living in the tropics - everything grows so well. I try to grow tropical plants in less than ideal conditions.

GRACE PETERSON said...

Hi James, I've actually grown a few of these! Clerodendrum tomasoniae and the Ice plant, although the one I have is variegated. I protected both plants when it got really cold last month. I hope they perform well this summer. I love red flowers and yours are amazing. Great photos!

Mystic Dreamer said...

Nice assortment of red blooms. I'm not a big fan of red but you can't escape it in the Tropics.

Ela said...

Wonderful flowers and so beautiful colors.
Greetings

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month