Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Begonia Story - Part 3

This is in the duration of few months.
Their growth is indeed slow regardless of the application of organic fertilisers.
I have added more white stones and it does give a cool look.
I'm braving myself now to go and purchase more new begonias to add into this collection.
Hopefully I might find some which I might like.
























This I suspect is a Wax Begonia which I manage to collect by the roadside.
When I found it- it was just growing from a moss bed
Hardly two tiny leaves visible - now they had grown tall and gave out a flower.
Currently the whole plant had gone - not sure whether it went dormant or dead.
It was growing in between the pebbles and stones
Something that I dare not dig out and harm other plants.
Regardless - I enjoyed that short stay in my garden,
it had completed its life cycle very well.



 These are some of the species I have.
They are not brilliant- somehow, it still give variation shades of colours.
Hopefully I manage to find more from the nurseries to add to this collection.





3 comments:

Alistair said...

Hi James
I like your Begonias, looks like the type that is grown more for the leaf interest rather than the flowers. We grow masses of them here in the uk, we have to lift and over winter the tubers somewhere frost free.

James David said...

I guess the tuberose ones must be really beautiful.
They don't survive well here in these hot tropicals - not for long term.

Mystic Dreamer said...

It's great you got them to grow this way. I've tried rex begonias a couple times and they ultimately didn't survive.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month