Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Succulent & Cacti - Balcony Garden Update - 2






















This one proves challenging,
I had placed Hawarthias before but 3 of them had gone rotten.
I replace with some Agaves and Mother in law Tongue
hoping that they would suck up all the excess water and moisture from that little pot.
I realised that this place seemed to take more time getting drier compared to the rest.
thus the soil were more damp than others.
I added the companion plant - Fittonia and found them doing fine.

At the round pot (previously was a waterlily pot)
faces a new challenge where these bulb based plants seemed to take the lime light (seriously)
When something overgrows - chances of it overshadowing another could lead to another problem - death of a slow growing plant.

Earlier I faced a similar problem
where mother of thousands conquered the whole place
and I had to remove all of them only to find that the were almost killed few of the cactus there.
I guess it the survival of the fittest in the plant kingdom.









No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month