Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Welcome 2018


2017 was the most challenging year for me.
It was as hard as a garden turning into jungle,
I would say - it almost seemed to reflect my life,
the hardest moments when I almost felt like giving up everything..
But life like this in gardening are these..
Small little things that makes a difference.

And I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do with this patch of green.
I do need to trim off the yellow leaves time to time.

To cut & throw away? It's just too sad to get rid of it.
I want to give it away but who would want it?
 

If you would able to notice a patch of unarranged orchids hanging at the top side.
It was not re-arranged.
I managed to reset it finally in these few days.
Together with the lovely Water Melon Begonia that beautiful trailed itself all over but it had invaded the Earthstar Bromeliads and I had replant it all over again.
Still.. its much easier to handle this than all the mess it was much earlier.







I found that Maiden Hair Ferns don't do well anywhere else except here.
And so - I had found a spot for it.
Sitting very well at the drainside.



After removing all the heavy hangers of orchids, hoya, dischidias, ferns and stuff..
I have ample open space in that area and re-introduce Spanish Moss here.



What amazed me was that I only had a small clump of the Spanish Moss and now its in few hanging pieces. I do time to time dunk the whole thing in fish pond and hang it back.
So far so good - there is progress in their growth.

Below are a small patch of begonias, fittonias and shaded coloured leaf plants.
They are slowly adjusting to the open sunlight now.


Earlier the Staghorn Fern was dying - now it is regenerating back due to more open sunlight which makes a difference in their growth.
I had aquatic plants inside it earlier but due to the goldfish constantly eating habits it had totally finished up all of them and I had totally lost that aquatic species that I had kept for years.

2 comments:

Barbee' said...

I do like the motion and color that goldfish add to a garden. Years ago I had a few in my outdoor pool, but the raccoons kept catching and eating them. I gave up on pretty fish, and simply installed a hardy native bog plant which has blue bloom spikes. I've enjoyed it, and it's much easier than having to put the heater in the pool every winter.

James David said...

I understand your situation.
Once I saw kingfisher flying around my housing area.
Then a group of monkeys came over and decided to have a dip..
So yeah.. its a challenge to keep them longterm

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month